Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry: Enroll Today!
In a groundbreaking step to learn more about peripheral neuropathy and to find a cure for the debilitating condition, the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy launched the first ever national Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry (PNRR) focused on Diabetic, Chemotherapy-Induced, HIV/AIDS and Idiopathic neuropathies. If you have any of the above mentioned types of neuropathies, the Foundation strongly encourages you to enroll in the Registry today.
This Research Registry will facilitate both basic and clinical research studies that are expected to improve understandings of the etiology and pathogenesis of PN. With your help, the Foundation will reach their goal of acquiring 2,000 patients in the Registry, which is the number that researchers need to make scientific advances. Ultimately, the major goal of the Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry is to improve the ability to diagnose, treat and prevent peripheral neuropathy.
- Who: If you have Diabetic, Chemotherapy-Induced, HIV/AIDS or Idiopathic neuropathies, you are encouraged to enroll in the Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry (PNRR) to help gather data and advance research for PN.
- What: The Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry is a collection of data samples that will facilitate both basic and clinical research studies that are expected to improve understanding of the etiology and pathogenesis of PN.
- Where: There are five consortium sites for the PNRR where you can enroll, located throughout the United States in Baltimore, Chicago, Kansas, New York and Salt Lake City. To make an appointment to enroll in the registry today, please contact your preferred site. If you can’t make it to any of these sites, please encourage a friend with PN who lives in one of these areas to enroll.
- When: There’s no time like the present – enroll today. Data collection is simple, including a patient history, physical exam and blood draw, and your participation will help the Foundation get closer to our goal of 2,000 patients enrolled. Read more about the enrollment process.
- Why: Once complete, the Foundation hopes that their Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry will improve the ability to diagnose, treat and prevent peripheral neuropathy. Your participation in this Registry will be the greatest offering you can provide to yourself, your family, and other patients who are hopeful for a cure for peripheral neuropathy.
To learn more about the Foundation’s Peripheral Neuropathy Research Registry, visit the Foundation’s website and please consider enrolling today.
And please, share this with your friends and acquaintances who also have PN – help spread the word and find a cure!