Dual Field Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy Device in Lower Extremity Painful Diabetic Distal Symmetric Peripheral Neuropathy (DSPN) Research Study
A research study evaluating a Dual Field Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) device for diabetic foot pain is being conducted by Regenesis Biomedical, Inc. Enrollment into this study will run from March through August 2018 and patients accepted into the trial will be asked to participate for up to seven months.
The PEMF device used in this study (Provant® Therapy) is currently cleared by the FDA for treatment of post-operative pain and edema. Centers across the United States are currently recruiting for this study. Evaluations include questions about your pain level, medications, and your overall well-being. Qualified patients will receive all trial-related care at no cost and may be compensated for time and travel.
You may qualify to join this trial if you are:
- Diabetic Type I or Type II with pain in your feet
- Age 22-79 years old
- Able to complete twice-daily 30-minute sessions for up to 7 months
- On stable medication(s) for pain and diabetes, diet and exercise regime
You may not participate in this trial if you have:
- A wound or ulcer on either foot or leg
- Significant kidney, heart or vascular disease
- An implanted pacemaker, spinal cord stimulator, cochlear implant, or other device with an implanted metal lead
Other information on the trial includes the ability to:
- Commit to daily online diary entries for up to 7 months
- Complete monthly clinic visits and follow-up phone calls
The research study is being conducted at the following locations:
- Physicians Research Group – Mesa, AZ – 602-274-4100
- Healthcare Research Network, Inc. – Hazelwood, MO – 314-972-9600
- Northern California Research – Sacramento, CA – 916-484-0500
- Mountain View Clinical Research – Denver, CO – 720-941-9363
- Clinical Research of Central Florida – Winter Haven, FL – 863-853-5400
- Lake Internal Medicine Associates – Eustis, FL – 352-589-4774
- Spotlight Research Center – Miami, FL – 786-502-2006
- River Birch Research Alliance, LLC – Blue Ridge, GA – 706-258-4184
- Wake Family Medicine, P.C. – Cary, NC – 919-380-1849
- Great Lakes Medical Research – Westfield, NY – 716-326-4890
- Palm Research Center – Las Vegas, NV – 702-826-2795
- Heartland Research Associates, LLC – Wichita, KS – 316-689-6635
- Diabetes Research Center – Tustin, CA – 714-734-7944
- Rainier Clinical Research, Inc. – Renton, WA – 425-251-1720
- The Center for Pharmaceutical Research, LLC – Kansas City, MO – 816-943-0770
- Valley Clinical Trials, Inc. – Northridge, CA – 818-280-4220
- Clinical Physiology Associates – Fort Myers, FL – 239-936-4421
- MediSphere Medical Research Center, LLC – Evansville, IN – 812-471-4110
To find out more information about this research study, please click here or contact Regenesis Biomedical, Inc. at:
Heather Vander Ploeg
Clinical Operations Manager
Regenesis Biomedical, Inc.
This study is also advertised on the clinicaltrials.gov site. Click here to read more.
To find out more about other clinical trials being offered to peripheral neuropathy patients, please go to the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy’s Clinical Trials website.